Sunday, September 11, 2011

Favorite memories . . .

I remember being tucked in at night and falling asleep with my stuffed cat that doubled as a pajama bag.I remember my neighbor turning the jump rope for hours. I still remember the first time I saw my sister-in-law. I was 13. I remember playing whiffel ball in the back yard. I remember picking wild cherries from that tree in the back yard and having a whole neighborhood war with them. (no helmets or eye coverings).I remember when Jake ran a 50 yard touchdown. I remember playing witchie-witchie after dark in the neighborhood. I remember the joy I felt after having each healthy, thriving baby.I remember spending hours at the park with no mothers present. I remember watching Will pitch his first ballgame. (This is a memory I go to if I ever experience pain) I remember my first date. I remember where I was when president Kennedy was shot. I remember being really skinny. I remember when Phil's 3 grade teacher told me he tested for 11th grade math. I remember where I was on 9/11 and what I did. I remember walking a long way to school with the girl that lived 2 doors down. I remember getting my first horse.I remember my brother and his friend getting suspended from school. What memories do you have that you hold near and dear to your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment